In an attempt to start using AS3 and Flexbuilder, I created a simple module (based in part on Brendan Dawes “Cinema Redux” processing experiment), that visualizes a movie by taking snapshots of frames on a supplied sample rate. It uses those snapshots to create a visual mosaic image, which allows you to see the use of light, color, and transition throughout the movie.
Below is a sample of the module using the video “Pakt”, courtesy of my friend Shawn Moore.
Download the latest Flash player to view this content
The source files are available for you to play around with, but make sure you use the following compiler settings :
-default-size 320 270
AS3 MIGRATION NOTES
- Stage is now accessible as an instance property (stage) of a DisplayObject
- Bitmaps can be a DisplayObject instead of having to add them to a MovieClip
- NetStream’s audio can be controlled directly via itâ€™s soundTransform property
- NetStream’s onMetaData event is not part of the listener model and must be caught using an event handler
- Netstreams are added to a Video instance using attachNetStream now vs. attachVideo
- setInterval has been depreciated and replaced with the new Timer class
- onMetaData is not assured to come after detecting a Video’s completion of load.